Thanks to EVERYONE for partying and playing hard all weekend at this year’s Ho Ho Ho Down All-Level Ultimate Tournament! Together we raised $1000 for Hailey’s Dreams!
Below are the final standings, spirit champs and each team’s most spirited player (nominated by their opponents). Full results HERE.
Nice Division Champions & Spirit Winners.
1) Huck Buddies (Tie for Spirit Award): Most Spirited Player (MSP) – Derek
2) JC & The Superstars: MSPs – Sarah & Noah
3) Santa’s Helpers (Tie for Spirit Award): MSP – Jen
4) The North Pole Dancers: MSP – Tyler
Naughty Divisions Champions
1) Receiver Error: MSP – Cyra
2) Elm City Flatballers (Sat. Spirit Award + Overall Spirit): MSP -Darren
3) The Naughty List: MSP – Santana
4) Honey Badgers: MSP – Pierre
5) Meat Parade: MSP – Qwannn
6) Rockslide: MSP – Erin
7) Havoc: MSP – Jordan
8) Manger Danger: MSP – Rachel
MVPs of the finals were Samantha (Receiver Error) and Felix (Elm City)
The winners of the hotly contested sweater contest was the turtle-necked tag-team of Sara and Samantha (#MissDecember #WinAllTheThings)
We know what time of year it is and we’ve heard from many of you that you’d like to play MORE sports, but need a little help.
So, we’ve come up with a few solutions and incentives for you to register in our 2014/15 Fall and Winter REC leagues.
- 10% student discount off all REC league registrations,
- 15% off of your 2nd REC league, 20% off your 3rd and 25% off of your 4th **,
- 50% OFF simply by organizing a full REC team!
- DODGEBALL: Recruit a full 10 person dodgeball team and play for FREE!
- 2-4-1 REC league registrations for your 16-19 year old children or siblings when you both play in a league together (ie: mother & son play ultimate, brother and sister play basketball)
- CHAMBER MEMBERS: If your business is a Fredericton Chamber of Commerce member, we offer 10% off annual memberships!
This does not apply to Fall Ultimate players joining Winter Ultimate, but any other combination of Fall Ultimate, Dodgeball, Basketball, Multi-Sport and Winter Ultimate will work just fine.
To take advantage of any or ALL of these items be sure to CONTACT US to get your customized coupon code. We encourage players to double-up on any offers listed here!
It’s sad, but now we must start thinking about our indoor activities again.
Please RSVP and invite your friends to this Facebook Event.
It’s almost time to take out your long sleeves, tights and touques. Get your team ready for Fall Ultimate! Sign up as an individual or as a team and get ready to play until it’s too cold to be outside.
HERE ARE THE DETAILS!
Over the next few weeks Spawn Club members (past and present) will be attending the World Ultimate Club Championships (WUCC) in Italy and the Canadian Ultimate Championships (CUC) in Waterloo, Ontario.
August 2-9 at WUCC
Virginia (Stache), Heather (Artemis), and both Darren and Mike (Phoenix)!
August 11-17 at CUC
Spawn (Mixed/@LiveBreedDie) and Borderline (Masters/@BorderlineUlty)!
LIVE. BREED. DIE. SPAWN!
By now you probably have heard the #WestmorlandBridge tweets and shrieks from across Fredericton’s social media circles about how the Westmorland St. Bridge construction is the first sign of the apocalypse (to put it lightly).
How about we all take a deep breath and put a fun and healthy spin on this?
For instance this could be your chance to get a little more active and also explore parts of Fredericton you never knew existed!
Did you know that it takes under 10 minutes to bike from Barker’s Point Elementary to City Hall using our trail system?
Some quick tips and ideas:
- Carpool with co-workers to your office or a Park & Go location
- Start a bike gang! Rent or share a bike from Capital City Cycles, park it at Savage’s or another designated City Rack or load it onto a City bus to finish your commute!
- Embrace Active Transportation by traveling on Fredericton’s award winning Trail System. Not only will you be exercising, but you’ll be gaining appreciation for our beautiful City as well!
- Let the traffic pass while you stay downtown a little longer to enjoy some shopping, dining and free or close-to-free events.
It had to be done. So let’s breathe and move on!
Helpful “Official” Links:
Other Local Links:
Just remember. It can always be worse!
Now that Summer league is well underway it’s time to start thinking about our next few seasons…seriously.
We’re undertaking a “Build Your Own League” initiative over the next few weeks and we need your help and participation. It only takes a few minutes.
Phase 1: Let us have it!
Phase 2: Final Build / Interest http://goo.gl/GeiXen
* 1 lucky response will win a FREE Fall registration!
Phase 3: Open registration (coming soon)