It’s sad, but now we must start thinking about our indoor activities again.
Please RSVP and invite your friends to this Facebook Event.
It’s almost time to take out your long sleeves, tights and touques. Get your team ready for Fall Ultimate! Sign up as an individual or as a team and get ready to play until it’s too cold to be outside.
HERE ARE THE DETAILS!
Over the next few weeks Spawn Club members (past and present) will be attending the World Ultimate Club Championships (WUCC) in Italy and the Canadian Ultimate Championships (CUC) in Waterloo, Ontario.
August 2-9 at WUCC
Virginia (Stache), Heather (Artemis), and both Darren and Mike (Phoenix)!
August 11-17 at CUC
Spawn (Mixed/@LiveBreedDie) and Borderline (Masters/@BorderlineUlty)!
LIVE. BREED. DIE. SPAWN!
By now you probably have heard the #WestmorlandBridge tweets and shrieks from across Fredericton’s social media circles about how the Westmorland St. Bridge construction is the first sign of the apocalypse (to put it lightly).
How about we all take a deep breath and put a fun and healthy spin on this?
For instance this could be your chance to get a little more active and also explore parts of Fredericton you never knew existed!
Did you know that it takes under 10 minutes to bike from Barker’s Point Elementary to City Hall using our trail system?
Some quick tips and ideas:
- Carpool with co-workers to your office or a Park & Go location
- Start a bike gang! Rent or share a bike from Capital City Cycles, park it at Savage’s or another designated City Rack or load it onto a City bus to finish your commute!
- Embrace Active Transportation by traveling on Fredericton’s award winning Trail System. Not only will you be exercising, but you’ll be gaining appreciation for our beautiful City as well!
- Let the traffic pass while you stay downtown a little longer to enjoy some shopping, dining and free or close-to-free events.
It had to be done. So let’s breathe and move on!
Helpful “Official” Links:
Other Local Links:
Just remember. It can always be worse!
Now that Summer league is well underway it’s time to start thinking about our next few seasons…seriously.
We’re undertaking a “Build Your Own League” initiative over the next few weeks and we need your help and participation. It only takes a few minutes.
Phase 1: Let us have it!
Phase 2: Final Build / Interest http://goo.gl/GeiXen
* 1 lucky response will win a FREE Fall registration!
Phase 3: Open registration (coming soon)
Below are some changes to reflect feedback we received last Summer.
Issue: Jerseys take too long to arrive. Players are not registering and paying early enough.
Solution: Early bird registrants get a TEAM jersey. Late registrants receive a GENERIC league jersey. *NEW* late fee policy for delayed payments.
Issue: Mother Nature is being a real capital “B” and shortening our season.
Solution: Booked extra weeknights in August, one or two Sunday afternoons and a possibly a 1-day tournament/event. This ensures the same number of games are being played. Dates to be announced shortly to help with early planning!
Issue: The various fees, taxes and discounts are confusing.
Solution: Taxes are now included in all prices and discounts are hopefully more enticing and a little clearer.
Dates To Remember:
Free League Clinics Lead By Experienced Locals!
* Learn the basics if your new or advance your skills if you’re returning.
* Bring water, discs, both black and a white shirt, non-marking shoes for gyms and cleats for turf.
RAIN LOCATIONS FOR CLINICS:
How To Save Your Dolla Bills!
- Captain a team and receive 1/2 off (contact us)
- 2-4-1 registrations for your children/siblings aged 16-19 (contact us)
- Only $125 when you register for BOTH leagues (contact us)
- Register BEFORE May 15 to take advantage of Early Bird Pricing (and bonuses).
- Win a $50 Active Fredericton credit by sharing this FACEBOOK EVENT.
Now choose your own ULTIMATE adventure:
Just in case you want something MORE than your free league jerseys…
Thank you for helping to make this such an amazing indoor season! Congratulations to all of the winners and we look forward to a bigger and better 2014-15!
2014 Intermediate Men’s Basketball Champions
Intermediate Men’s Basketball
- UNB Alumni
- Team Gillis
- Blue Spurs
- Snooty Fox
- Mama’s Boys
- Team Swagger
2014 Winter REC Ultimate Champions
Winter REC Ultimate (MVPs)
- Frisbonacci (Rebecca Pinsent)
- Chicago Pulls (Kat Fraser)
- Totally Wicked At Throwing (Jason Robin)
- Slap Disc! (Stephane Fornier)
- Ridisculous (Jason Elliot)
- Limp Dizcit (Jeff Renaud)
Winter REC Basketball (MVPs)
- Basketball Jones (Chris Morrison)
- Pistol Petes (Kathleen McCaan)
- Team Uselanne (Calin Fraser)
- The Redshirts (Geoff Davidson)
- Zoomers (Ryan Grice)
- Cellar Rats (Brennan McConaghy)
Join us this Thursday night (April 24) for the Winter league awards (yes, more are given out) and social! Winter and Summer players are invited.