By now you probably have heard the #WestmorlandBridge tweets and shrieks from across Fredericton’s social media circles about how the Westmorland St. Bridge construction is the first sign of the apocalypse (to put it lightly).
How about we all take a deep breath and put a fun and healthy spin on this?
For instance this could be your chance to get a little more active and also explore parts of Fredericton you never knew existed!
Did you know that it takes under 10 minutes to bike from Barker’s Point Elementary to City Hall using our trail system?
Some quick tips and ideas:
- Carpool with co-workers to your office or a Park & Go location
- Start a bike gang! Rent or share a bike from Capital City Cycles, park it at Savage’s or another designated City Rack or load it onto a City bus to finish your commute!
- Embrace Active Transportation by traveling on Fredericton’s award winning Trail System. Not only will you be exercising, but you’ll be gaining appreciation for our beautiful City as well!
- Let the traffic pass while you stay downtown a little longer to enjoy some shopping, dining and free or close-to-free events.
It had to be done. So let’s breathe and move on!
Helpful “Official” Links:
- Park & Go Map – drop you car and put alternative transportation to use
- Bike Lane, Rack and Routes – get on your bike and ride
- Trail System – we have an AWESOME inner-city trail system. Check it out!
- Fredericton Transit – bus bike racks, pricing, routes…
- City of Fredericton Bridge Closure – webcams, maps, helpful links…
- GNB Bridge Closure Details – project info, contacts…etc
- Active Transportation – summary of almost everything offered in the City.
Other Local Links:
- Savage’s Bike Shop Offering Free Bike Parking
- Capital City Cycles (Rentals & Shares)
- Delta Fredericton Water Shuttle
- City of Fredericton Twitter / Facebook
- Recreation & Leisure Twitter / Facebook
- Twitter – #WestmorlandBridge
- Fun on Twitter – @WestmorlandStBrid
Just remember. It can always be worse!