We have numerous Ultimate leagues happening every season. From Tier 1 to Recreational, indoor to out, regular to sub-on-the-fly, and mixed to mens/womens. View more here.
Ultimate is an exciting, non-contact team sport, played by thousands the world over. It mixes the best features of sports such as Soccer, Basketball and Football into an elegantly simple yet fascinating and demanding game. The simplicity of the rules means it’s easy and fun for newcomers to pick up!
General Active Fredericton League Rules:
- Footblocks are the ONLY rule restriction (safety).
- Team with the LEAST number of motorized vehicles wins the “Carbon Flip” and therefor the right to choose either jersey colour, starting endzone or start position (Offence or Defence).,
- offense decides gender ratio when the league has NOT dictated a set ratio for everyone. Defense may NOT field more men than the offense. If a team cannot match the female ratio then they must play with fewer players.,
- Play with Spirit. Have Fun. ABSOLUTELY NO EXCEPTIONS TO THIS!! 🙂
You may MUTUALLY agree to change anything about the game, but you should NEVER pressure an opposing captain or player into changing anything when it is clear they do not wish to do so. DBAD!
In addition be certain that:
- your players understand this is a non-contact sport, the rules of the game and HOW spirit of the game works (ie: contesting calls without arguing, dangerous plays, mutual respect…)
- your players respect each other, the sport of ultimate and the places and communities you are playing in.